Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Why Use Text Exemplars in Your Classroom?

Many of you often hear me say, "If I could go back and try it again"!  In talking with my Literacy & School Improvement consultants, and rereading parts of the research supporting the key elements of the Common Core ELA Standards, I remain committed in making sure we get the titles of the Common Core Text Exemplars in the hands of kids in every single classroom across our state.  Furthermore, making sure we get these titles in multiple languages should be something we strive for.  Without a doubt, I'm positive teachers will continue the great work that they've always done in making sure this happens.  In closing, I'd like to share a portion of the research of the common core that was good for me to be reminded of.....why we're doing what we're doing.  Celebrate!
Additional Resources you might want to check out:
1.  Appendix A:  Research Supporting Key Elements of the Standards
2.  Appendix B:  Text Exemplars and Sample Performance Tasks

No comments:

Post a Comment